Your senior year deserves to be celebrated and commemorated, and there are so many fun ways to do this – a photo session is one of them.
If you’ve never scheduled a professional photo session before or simply want to know what to expect from a senior session, this guide covers the basics!
This is what you need to know…
- Yearbook deadlines. If your school is creating a yearbook, find out when they need your digital photo file. This will help you plan ahead.
- The location. The location of your senior session should fit in with your personality and the story you want to tell. Picture yourself doing what you love – where would that usually be? There are always lots of great location ideas to choose from.
- Sooner rather than later. I receive a lot of requests for senior photo sessions, so it’s best to schedule it a few months early to avoid missing out.
- The outfits. You should decide on an outfit once you’ve chosen your location, or you can choose your outfits first and then coordinate your location around those outfits. Your outfits should also represent who you are and fit in with the location you’ve chosen. Just make sure your outfit isn’t too distracting (think super busy patterns or designs) or it will end up being the focus of your photos.
- Hair and makeup arrangements. Make sure to plan enough time in your day for your professional hair and make up that is included in your session fee! I always recommend planning at least 2 to 3 hours for this!
- Set aside 2 hours. The average senior photo session takes 1 to 2 hours but could take longer depending on travel time between multiple locations.
- Meeting up. On the day of your session, you will meet with me at your location at a specific time (typically 2 hours before sunset). There’s no need to be nervous; I’m here to make sure you have a good time and get the photos you’ve envisioned!
- Prepare to change outfits. Some seniors prefer to bring along an extra outfit to change into during their shoot (which I highly suggest). I also recommend bringing different styles and even different seasons of clothes to add the most variety to your session!
- Bring some company. If having a friend or family member with you will make you feel more comfortable, bring someone along. Just don’t bring too many people or they could end up being a distraction more than anything else. Some seniors prefer not to have anyone there as well so that they do not feel like they’re being watched.
- The wait. This is the hardest part! Sneak peeks from your session will be delivered 24 to 48 hours after your session and your entire gallery will be delivered in less than 3 weeks.
- Share and enjoy. Once you receive your photos, you can share and print them as you wish!
This is just a basic idea of what you can expect from your senior photo session! If you would like to know more about what to expect during your session click here.
Christine Lee Photography specializes in high school senior photography, family and children photography in Plant City, Lakeland, Riverview, Apollo Beach, and Fishhawk, Florida.
Leave a Reply