Yayyyy! You’ve finally booked your senior session. Yes, the hard part is done, but this doesn’t mean you should procrastinate when it comes to planning the rest of your shoot. By taking care of a few basics ahead of time, you can look forward to a memorable, stress-free time in front of the camera.
Here are the tips you need to save.
- Get inspired. Your shoot is going to need a theme. It’s this theme that will inspire your outfit, location, and any props that you might use. It could even influence how you pose for your photos. Don’t look for ideas a day or two before your shoot. Get it out of the way earlier.
- Take care of your skin. When your skin looks good, you’re automatically going to feel more confident. In the weeks leading up to your senior shoot, make a point of drinking more water and remember to leave any blemishes alone.
- Book your other appointments. Make sure you book your mani, pedi, or facial, ahead of time.
- Find an outfit (or two) you love. You might have an idea of what you want to wear but don’t go through your closet the night before your shoot. Not only do you want to wear something you love, but you want to make sure it fits you well too. It also helps to choose more than one outfit just in case, or if you want to change outfits for different photos. Make sure you read through the “What to wear guide” you receive with the Senior Welcome Packet. It’s full of so much information to help you plan your outfits!
- Speak to your photographer. I am here to put your mind at ease and make you feel comfortable. If you have questions or you’re worried about something in particular, reach out to me ahead of time so we can address any questions.
- Arrange for someone to come along. If you plan to bring someone along to your senior shoot, let them know now when it’s happening. This way, you won’t be left feeling disappointed.
Once you take care of these things, you can go ahead and relax…and of course get excited!
Christine Lee Photography specializes in high school senior photography, family and children photography in Plant City, Lakeland, Riverview, Apollo Beach, Tampa, and Fishhawk, Florida.